Mrs. E's Nutrition & Food Science Blog

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” Hippocrates

Commenting Guidelines

February12

Communication

Blogs are a form of communication. They are a device or a method of interacting if you will. Communication implies that more than one person is exchanging ideas, opinions, and or information, hopefully in a meaningful way. Just like we have rules that govern how we speak to one another, we need rules that govern how we communicate in writing as well.

I’ve created a poster to guide your commenting. You are free to download this and print it out so you have it in your notebook!

It’s just Common Sense

Really, just use common sense. If you wouldn’t say to me or in front of me, it doesn’t belong in your comment.  If you need to address something personal, send me an email or a message on Remind, or better yet, come and see me.

Final Thoughts

Remember, there is a real person behind every post. We are all entitled to our opinions. Agree or disagree, no matter. Be clear in your response. Share from your perspective and remember nothing is personal. Consider your tone, your content, and your reason for commenting. Consider some of these starters.

• I can relate to your post because…
  • Your post made me think about…
  • I appreciate what you wrote. I wonder if you considered…

Review my Padlet on Netiquette and follow the governing ideas on the poster. Most importantly, comment.

Mrs. E’s Padlet on Nettiquette

by posted under Site Guidelines | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar